Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/' directory...  (Read 3993 times)

Rijn

• Coppermine newbie
The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/' directory...
« on: October 07, 2004, 05:26:02 am »

I specified the path; /usr/bin (tried /usr/bin/ as well); i checked with my host provider and he told me that ImageMagick is installed on that path but i cant get past that install screen...

The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

...is all i get.  The server admin at the hosting company said the following when i explained it all to his simple Australian arse:
"Could you specify to use NetPBM instead and keep the path at /usr/bin.  The netpbm binaries are there without without question.  The ImageMagick binaries are also there (X11, mogify etc).  /usr/bin is definitely accessible......"

Anyone have any insight to lend here?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 06:54:50 pm by Casper »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/' directory...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 06:10:02 am »

Install Coppermine anyway, leaving the ImageMagick path blank in Coppermine installer (telling Coppermine to use GD instead). When the initial setup is done druing install (meaning: your database entries have been built), go to Coppermine config and switch from GD to ImageMagick there. Specify the path in coppermine config, and enable debug_mode (at the very bottom of the screen). Then try to upload a pic - should give you detailed error messages then. If you still get an error message, search the board for it and/or post it here. There are known issues for some users who were not able to set the Use of ImageMagick directly durning install, but they were able to use the workaround described above, not sure why.

Joachim

Rijn

• Coppermine newbie
Re: The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/' directory...
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 02:21:30 pm »

Tite! you solved it!  Thanks a million, this thing has been driving me nuts for days.  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 19 queries.